Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Wholesale Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your wholesale account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for our Services to provide an email address and other personal and business information. You may provide us with more information – like your telephone number or website url – but we don’t require that information to create a wholesale account.
- E-mail Address for Newsletters: You will automatically be subscribed to our newsletter mailing list when you create a wholesale account on our site or when you request us to create one for you. For this we use the e-mail address that you provided to us for creating the wholesale account. Our Site also contains forms where you can subscribe to our newsletters without the need to create an account. For this you only need to provide your e-mail address. When you sign up for a newsletter through such a form, the e-mail address you provide will only be used for the newsletter mailing and for nothing else.
- Order and Billing Information: If you purchase products on our Sites you will provide additional personal and business information that is required to process the order, such as your name, address, and contact information. All payments take place off Site through PayPal or a bank of your choice. We will never ask for your credit card or PayPal information.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or post a comment on our social media posts. We will only use this information only to provide you with better support.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically. Here are some examples:
- Log Information: Like most online services, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the orders you placed and products you viewed. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as to generate personalized product recommendations.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you contact us through Facebook messenger, we will receive information from that service, such as your Facebook username and basic profile information.
We may also get information, such as a mailing address or demographic data, from third party services about businesses who are not yet our customers (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like mailers advertising our services. We also use this data, along or in combination with other data, to provide you with more relevant services.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services – for example, to set up and maintain your wholesale account, send your emails, or allow you to order products on our Sites;
- To further develop and improve our Services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to more easily find products they like;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our newsletters, marketing emails and advertising;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of KKAMI and others;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by KKAMI we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on KKAMI and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have purchased specific brands with us), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms and Conditions or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account – for example, in order to enable access to our Services on your device; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information – for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent – for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on, as described in our Cookie Statement.
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We only share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you. Examples of such vendors are: shippers who need your address and contact details to process your shipment, payment providers that need your order details to process your payment, email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: In rare cases we may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of KKAMI, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Publishing Feedback: And if you send us feedback (for example, one of our feedback mechanisms or in a Facebook review), we reserve the right to publish that feedback in order to help other users get to know our Services.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it – which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information – and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
How We Ensure the Security of Your Information
In case of a security breach we will notify you when the breach poses or posed a risk to personal information of our users. You will be notified within 72 hours of our discovery of the breach.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information such as your address and contact information other than your e-mail address. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, you may not be able to make full use of our Services.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages (like our newsletter and marketing emails) from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your current order, about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our Sites, with the drawback that certain features on our Sites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above – for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, obtain a copy of or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, e-mail us at [email protected].
Our service is not intended for users under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, they should contact us at [email protected]. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.